Saturday, December 29, 2012

Betrayed






When I came to know you, you came to be my friend.
I detected your emotional bareness
And felt pity for your sins.
I could see the misery building up in your flooded eyes.
And could feel the agony deadening your heart, your soul, and mind.
I felt your want and urgency of wholesome fellowship.
So I came to be your friend in your time of need
and stuck by your side as thick as a tide indeed.
I began to trust your every word and every move.
For I had been in your very shoes.
In search for friends at one low point in my life.
Ones who would lift me up and be there for me.
I was fortunate to have found good friends and returned the gift
they gave me. Their friendship.
So I welcomed you as my friend and began to share my deepest secrets,
thoughts and fantasies with you.
Assuring you that my word stayed with you and only you.
I gave up my sincerity, my sympathy and loyalty to you.
Always sympathetic to your needs and concerns.
Hearing constantly every word of pain he brought to you.
Hearing every dirty talk said about you.
Your secrets became my secrets.
Most of all, I gave up the most important gift.
And that was my friendship.
It now seems to me that I gave it up for nothing,
You used and took advantage of the love I showed to you;
my friendship to you,
that was supposed to be valued
And trusted and lasting.
Now once again, I am suffering emotionally.
No, not cause I’m in search, and in need of friends.
But because I’ve been betrayed by one who had been called “my friend.”
One who I cordially invited to become “my friend”
One who I became a friend too.
Whom I thought was true.
But you can’t possibly turn to me just as I did you.
For you can’t be in my shoes cause you don’t recognize
that it takes a friend to be a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment